Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Southern Avenue: This IS Memphis Music!!!

So..an Israeli..two black women..and...a white guy walk into a bar....wait, wait don`t stop me you haven`t heard this before.  This isn`t some corny, off colored, racist joke ending with an eye-roll and collective groan....This is the band..  +Ori Naftaly sisters Tierinii & Tikyra Jackson and Daniel Mckee they are Southern Avenue and they are awesome!!


Now the bar that I first heard them in as an actual band was The Blue Monkey in Memphis Tennessee

Ori(guitarist) and Tierinii(vocals)

After hearing them in a acoustic setting I couldn't wait to hear the actual band  live. A that time I thought Tierinii was just a solo artist and Ori was just a guitarist and a friend of mine told me on no they are band and her sisters just as talented as she is. So I really couldn`t wait to capture the full experience of Southern Avenue .


In the meantime while still on my Mary Owens (http://harvtography.blogspot.com/2015/11/mary-owens-treasure-should-be-discovered.html ) fix  (to which I am still on). I found out Mary was 
 at +Otherlands Coffee Bar , so of course I attended(and of course she was wonderful) After she was done I bought her CD "Sweet Soul" (even though I already had a digital copy via Itunes), and to my surprise on a couple of songs one of the background vocalist is Tikrya Jackson!!

Tikyra (Drums)

So now, I`m really eager to hear this band that`s not only catching my interest and the city of Memphis but those on a much larger scale like say +Melissa Etheridge when she made a recent visit working on her upcoming CD , being finalist in the International Blues Challenge, and most recently being officially signed by +Stax Records (congratulations by the way)


Daniel (Bass)

Not bad for band that`s only been together about a year and getting ready to head to Europe to tour



So if you happen to in a club or bar and the musical entertainment is in fact +Southern Ave , stick around for an incredible show or the jokes gonna be on you!!






No comments:

Post a Comment