Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Mary Owens: A Treasure the Should be Discovered!!!!!

If you do not have heard of or listened to "Sweet Soul" from  Mary Owens which is on her website   ( http://maryowensmusic.com ) Please take a moment stop be itunes or +Spotify   and take a listen. I`ve had the pleasure of hearing her live twice both with a band and acoustically which totally sold me over to get her cd which by far is the most enjoyable CD which I have heard in a long time.

The songs carry with much  pride and an old time-y R&B feel.You know, that feel you get  when you`er listening to on flashback station and you say "Man they don`t make music like that anymore".
I know now they do ( I mean when was the last time you head a song with horn sections or an organ? (Listen to Made to be Mine.. it triggers me back to thoughts of the first Blues Brothers movie and we all know what that music like).


 So if you want to hear something "Fresh" with a "Classy soulful feel to it  "Sweet  Soul" is for you

No comments:

Post a Comment