Thursday, October 15, 2015

BlogVtography : intro

Hello and welcome to blogVtography!!!

 I`m "Jody" your blog-v-tographer and well, this is my blog. If you haven`t figured it out yet, its going to be about photography. This blog site is a companion to my +Facebook account as well as my actual website www.harVtography.com. Which is now a little over two years old.

 I`m not exactly new to photography but rather digital photography (I am/was kind of a film guy) which made me  honestly frown on digital. In the beginning I always looked at photography as a mixture of magic and science. Slide of hands, black bags, dark rooms, chemicals the 50/50 chance of success or failure,but when its a success the feeling of achievement can not be compared. Then came digital.

With digital photography..you don`t even have to look through a view finder. A mini monitor shows you what your shooting and if you don`t like it..POOF!!! Just delete. No more darkrooms, no more chemicals, no more magic just point and shoot.

Then I discovered the power of the DSLR. My +Nikon USA  D3000. I picked it up on a sale via a price match from +Walmart  at +Best Buy for $400 and now you can actually get the same camera on +Amazon.com for $199.00 . And maybe its my favorite DSLR camera because its my first camera but it is great..I love its feel and the compatibly that +Nikon USA cameras .do with its lenses not only allows me to be versatile, but the older lenses make you shoot in MANUAL so it gives me the feel of working an old film camera..which give me just a little if the magic that drew me into photography to begin with. Here are just a few samples of photo`s  I`ve taken with my n +Nikon USA  D3000









.

2 comments:

  1. Watching you grow into your digital life has been very satisfying. Your participation and promotion of the Memphis Music Scene has been essential.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for allowing me to be a part 550 and South Main. I wouldn`t be shooting there if it weren`t for you.

      Delete